Saturday, October 24, 2009

day forty-eight

My mom said to blog--I decided to listen. :)


Today was All-State audition day at Manchester. Breakfast at school; 5:30, leave for Manchester; 6:30... then sit around waiting for warm-ups and performance for my quartet at 11:41. We were all very excited, but it took FOREVER for them to get results. We waited. And waited. And waited. And waited. And got irritated. And waited more. And the recall list came up--six Jefferson kids were recalled. And we waited MORE for first round lists... and then they came out. Altos first. Brianna and Kassandra made it. Then Basses. Jordan, ABL, Aaron, and Tanner made it. Then Sopranos. Jamie and I made it. Then Tenor's Christian and Yasa. Our entire ensemble made it!!

The best part of the day was the actual audition. In warm-ups we were pretty excited because we thought we sounded good. And during the audition we were all smiling at each other--excited--because we were sooo happy that things just sounded amazing! So, afterwards we had a big, huge, happy group hug and it was a great moment.

From there the day just dragged on. I still have a cold and my voice is killing me. And I have a million hours of block homework... meh. And. I would like some sleep. Because I'm quite tired.

Anyways, here's a picture of my All-Stating ensemble;;

left to right: Christian, Brianna, Jordan, me





2 comments:

  1. I <3 your ensemble. :)
    Christian got a new shirt... or dug out an old one. More than likely, it's new though. Ha.

    Congrats, Jenni, I'm so glad you made it.
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Jenni,
    Please blog again soon... I like reading about your life. :)

    <3,

    Catie

    ReplyDelete