Sunday, January 17, 2010

GRAND CHAMPIONS!!

I wrote "GRAND CHAMPIANO" the first time. hahaha. Piano is a natural typing function for me. XD

Anyways, this weekend both my school's show choirs traveled to Monona Grove, Wisconsin to compete in the Silver Stage Invitational. Ovation placed first place in the prep division out of (I believe) five schools. In the day round their were thirteen open class groups (which Westside competes in). We placed second, to Prairie, going into the night round. And we took the caption awards "Best Vocals" "Best Choreography" and "Best Crew." And, obviously, we were the GRAND CHAMPIONS!!

It was an incredible and emotional moment. We all wanted it so badly!! Two years ago we competed at Monona Grove and Ovation won the prep division but Westside got second to Prairie, and we wanted to change that.

It was a PERFECT way start to the season and I'm really excited for the next four competitions and the performances in there. (:

We're going to Davenport North this coming Saturday--which also happens to be large group district speech competition. It'll be busy, but fun.




Just a quick picture of Kristin and ME (not I... as my dad pointed out...) with our Grand Champion trophy;;







2 comments: